Allied Halftracks - Fire when buttoned?

As the title says. Can allied halftracks fire thier MGs when buttoned? I think not from watching a couple of movies, but wanted a definative answer. It does appear that the crew of halftracks are more versitile than that of AFVs as I have one that just lost a crew member, yet I was still able to Open Up. Just need to know if I have to open up to fire the MG.

Now I don't know much about halftracks but IIRC the M3A1 has a bow mounted MG as well as a pintle mounted MG. The bow MG can be fired even when buttoned. As for crews that have taken a casualty unbuttoning -- this is impossible (in the game). It will never happen.

--Chris

Well I hate to burst your bubble, but I've got a halftrack with crew of 2 | 1

Which buttoned up last turn after taking some infantry fire, and as I was plotting my last set of orders, I WAS able to unbutton it.

Thanks for the other info though...

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Maastrictian:

Now I don't know much about halftracks but IIRC the M3A1 has a bow mounted MG as well as a pintle mounted MG. The bow MG can be fired even when buttoned. As for crews that have taken a casualty unbuttoning -- this is impossible (in the game). It will never happen.

--Chris<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

From the 1.1 patch Readme:

* M3A1 Halftrack, M3A1 Scout Car, and M5A1 Halftrack are not forced to remain

buttoned up after suffering only one crew casualty.