Battlefront is now Slitherine ×

Too much info from air attacks?

I was larking about with the scenario editor to see what the planes were like in CM:BB. In this scenario I have a pair of 109s attacking a platoon of T26s.

The 109s streak in and open fire on the tanks, and I see messages such as "Track hit - immobilised". The nearest observer to this melee is an unsupressed company HQ 900m away - and the 109 is going over at 250mph - so how do THEY know it's immobilised?

This is on EFOW, yes.

Secondly, I'm getting hits from aircraft on trucks which are all giving me 'no serious damage'? Is that right?

Any comments on these things?

Originally posted by Soddball:
On second though, you probably know about Borg spotting :D

It's unclear to me if you play the germans or the russians in this case, from re-reading I guess you play the germans. Then yes it is wildly optimistic to think that such reports would reach you the instant they occur, but the zoomboys do report something (probably, strafed and killed a KV-1 ;) ) and that's where your info is coming from...

Secondly, I'm getting hits from aircraft on trucks which are all giving me 'no serious damage'? Is that right?
Is this with MG fire or HE?

[ October 23, 2002, 08:24 AM: Message edited by: Foxbat ]

The critical thing is that I see 'Track hit' AND 'Track hit - immobilised' - so I can easily tell whether the vehicle is immobilised from a strafing run.

Yes, I know about Borg spotting. I don't mind reports such as "Front upper hull hit" or "Top penetration" but I do feel that there's too much information available.

The critical thing is that I see 'Track hit' AND 'Track hit - immobilised' - so I can easily tell whether the vehicle is immobilised from a strafing run.

Yes, I know about Borg spotting. I don't mind reports such as "Front upper hull hit" or "Top penetration" but I do feel that there's too much information available.

Aren't these reports coming from the "Detailed Armor Hits" option? Can't that be turned off?

They are, but then you see NO armour hits at all - and if you've got a plane or two attacking, then you might easily miss its attack whilst you're occupied with something else.

I think that there is too much information available from air attack ONLY. Does anyone else want to try this and see what they come up with?

It does sound suspicious. Maybe BTS was thinking that a lot of the volume of a truck is not critical to its running, which is true, so only a small percentage of hits would do any significant damage of interest on the CM scale.

But on the other hand, there is the question of the contents of the truck. If it's carrying soldiers, one might expect some casualties in such a densely packed target. If it's carrying fuel or explosives...well, goodnight, Irene.

:eek:

Michael