Black Screen @ resolution selection

Are you saying that you're able to see the resolution selection screen (the box with the current resolution listed within it), but that CM comes up completely black after making a selection ?

Which video driver version are you using ? As far as I'm aware there's no special setting that is necessary. Some driver versions might have a problem with anti-aliasing, but all of the current ones ( 71.89) should pose no problem with that setting.

I am getting a black screen with a white dialog box (for initial set up) stating the resolution and mhz w/ an (accept or skip) to the next option.

I cycle through all the presented options and all of them are black with the white dialog box. Then it comes up with an error.

What you're seeing is normal, including the error at the end. What is happening is that you're cycling through all of the possible resolution and refresh rate selections. Once you hit 640x480 at 60Hz (for CMBO) or 800x600 at 60Hz (for CMBB/CMAK), there is nothing more and the resolution selection process does not cycle over again to repeat; instead an error is generated. As far as I'm aware this is a DirectX programming limitation that won't allow for the constant looping of resolutions.

If nothing is selected, then you'll repeat this process everytime you launch CM. If you're able to read the resolution/refresh rate box, then you should be able to see CM launch at that resolution if you select it (press "Enter" on the keyboard or use the mouse to click on the "Select" button). You'll also see this process again if you delete the Prefs file in the CM directory (the only way to change CM's resolution) or if your day-to-day desktop resolution is set below what CM has been set for.

[ May 21, 2005, 11:25 AM: Message edited by: Schrullenhaft ]