CMBB Mortar Spotting

Originally posted by jdmorse:

This is my most irksome problem. When i unhide the HQ he gets spotted. Oh look at all those loverly targeting lines in Yelenia! Anyone found a way around this?

If he is spotted because he is firing first, then give him a small cover arc. If he is spotted without even firing, move him further back into the trees.

Covered arcs for inf units will take some getting use to..

Yeah they are a huge revolution. For one, a unit can both spot AND not fire. This wasn't possible in CMBO.

In CMBB there should be fewer reasons to hide now.

[ September 03, 2002, 05:30 PM: Message edited by: bsd ]

I did prefer the CMBO ability to spot while hidden.

Spotting ability was reduced by hiding in CMBO. It's pretty noticable, hence the reason that short-range units were needed to spot (eg. bazookas) or FOs. Sharpshooter couldn't be used for this, for example...either they are hiding and can't spot properly, or they are not hiding and fire all the time. It was a very unrealistic situation.

Originally posted by Wreck:

bsd - in CMBO if you want a unit to see but not fire, use the ambush command. It will always work for any unit except out of control squads.

bsd, Wreck is right...for CMBO just set an ambush point about 1 meter in front of your unit, and they shouldn't fire.