Suggestion regarding trees

Sometimes infantry are hidden in trees, even with sparse tree coverage and unit bases turned on. So the suggestion is to make trees translucent where they are in front of an infantry unit.

This is along the lines of translucency when inside a building.

[ September 25, 2002, 12:17 PM: Message edited by: M. Bates ]

No reason to. Just turn 'em off, plot all your orders, the turn 'em back on to sparse coverage if you don't like them obstructing your view. ;)

I think a lot more people would be upset with translucent trees than without them. I know I would. They would make the battlefield look that much more artifical. For buildings it makes sense, because they obstruct your view 100% if your men are inside, but trees? No, not realy.

[ September 25, 2002, 12:36 PM: Message edited by: Vader's Jester ]

Originally posted by Vader's Jester:

No reason to. Just turn 'em off, plot all your orders, the turn 'em back on to sparse coverage if you don't like them obstructing your view. ;)

I think a lot more people would be upset with translucent trees than without them. I know I would. They would make the battlefield look that much more artifical. For buildings it makes sense, because they obstruct your view 100% if your men are inside, but trees? No, not realy.

Hi there, I think you misunderstand me.

I only propose that trees are translucent where they actually cover an infantry unit. so, if the left branch is covering a unit then it is translucent, but the rest of the tree is normal.

Originally posted by Bruno Weiss:

Yeah but, are these the right trees. Anyone check to see if these are Ruskie trees and not some European versions snuck in there...

I think you know, Bruno, that the parts of Russia where the fighting went on are in Europe. Therefore, it is not implausible that many varieties found in other northern European regions would be entirely at home there as well. Birches and firs did not stop at the border. Furthermore, I want you to know that I would have made this post even more tiresomely long, but I ran out of things to say on the subject. Temporarily.

Michael