GeForce 3 baby!! now how do i get my darned fsaa working?

Foobar

OK here we go...

AMD 1.2 Ghz processor

256 megs ram

10 + 20 gig drives.

GeForce3 Ti 500

I love the card, I can scream around the August Bank Holiday map with no slowdown at all... but whenever I try to enable the Full Screen Anti-Aliasing, CM does the funky chicken and goes off into la la land. the visual experience is much like when you "clip" in Doom2.

My choices are 2x, 4x, and some chupacabra fsaa settings....

Any advice? or am I to be waiting for cmbb to make this thing work?

Thanks in advance

What OS are you using and what driver version do you have ? I'm not familiar with your Doom2 reference, are you saying that CM is unbearably slow with FSAA enabled or there screen elements that are corrupted with it on ?

I believe the level of quality, and subsequently slower speed, proceeds from 2X to Quincux to 4X (highest quality - slowest speed).

I use Win 98, The Geforce 3 is sold under the name "Visiontek", and the nickname "Xstasy".. I have tried each of the fsaa modes you list,and each of them leave me with corrupted graphics.

Everything except the smoke looks perfect until I touch the mouse, at which point the whole screen turns to a blurred mess.

What driver version do you have loaded ? Between the 7.xx series and the 2x.xx series there were FSAA problems with CM. The 14.70/15.70 drivers also fixed this problem. The WHQL drivers that Visiontek probably included with the card would most likely cause the FSAA problems (12.xx series).

You can get some the latest official drivers from 3D Chipset. ASUS Germany has released the 23.12's, but you can't download it directly off of their FTP servers.