Snipers vs. TCs

Does anyone think snipers are very effective at picking off TCs at long range? That seems like what they're supposed to do.The only time I've really ever seen this happen effectively is when a sniper fired at a Pz. 3 from about 300 meters. I heard BANG!.......CLANG!Ahhhhh!

Very satisfying! :D

yes,in my experience in lonely country scenario

well placed sharpshooter proof very effective against t-34 commanders,practicly keeping soviet tanks blind most of the time.he manage to kill one,but for me succes is that he kept the rest down.hope its not a spoiler

Although I'm sure there are many people on the board who can give you a better informed (and better worded) definition of the difference between the two. I would say that a sniper is a specially trained and highly skilled expert, and a sharpshooter is an infantryman who can shoot better than his comrades and therefore is given "special" assignments.

Originally posted by Da Beginna:

What is the difference between a sniper and a sharpshooter?

Heh, this is a long and oft-discussed topic on this board. Check the both this forum and the CMBO forum, do a search for "Sniper" and you should find some rather long threads.

What it comes down to is the intention of BFC and the scale of CM. In both BO and BB, sharpshooters are, as Splinty said, intended to represent above average shooters who are just regular infantry.