Panzersquash?

One of my friends was playing the Citadel scenario when he encountered something truly unique. He claimed that when he approached the scenario's default first row of defences, he "drove" over a cowering anti-tank team with a Panzer IV. Apparently it appeared that he could no longer engage the target with his main gun so he just decided to drive over them. When the team appeared on the other side of the tank, they were deceased. Is this a new CM feature? If so, why haven't I heard of this until now?

Jim.

That would be cool, but does not appear to be modelled (sp?) in the game. I just ran a test....

I just placed one of the Russian guns in scattered trees, hiding and facing the Soviet lines and reversed a buttoned up Panzer III over the foxhole the gun was in. The Panzer III, though buttoned up, did spot the foxhole about 20 - 30 m before it reached it, but did not spot the gun. As the tank began to roll over the foxhole, it slowed down ( new terrain, tougher going) and the commander unbuttoned on his own. At this point the Panzer III spotted the gun, it was definitely on top of it, though and it was not knocked out. The range was 1 m and the gun crew, spotted and knowing it, unhid on their own and took aim, scoring a side penetration at 1 m but causing no significant damage... the panzer rotated its turret but could not fire its gun, or at least did not. The panzer continued reversing, now putting distance between itself and the gun, but now it's mgs opened up, suppressed and quickly knocked out the gun. Theory, the same thing happened to the gun your friend engaged. Managed to get close enough to suppress and knock out the gun with mgs but perhaps in the heat of battle did not notice it.

Originally posted by Herr Kruger:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by zee:

Herr i think he was talking about Anti-tank infantry not anti-tanks gun's. but i could be wrong.

Oops! Well, I suspect the same to be true. It was the mgs on the tank that got em.</font>