Battlefront is now Slitherine ×

I hope this bug gets fixed

Yes, BTS is aware of the 'crew capture bug'. However CMBO is considered a finished product and the statements from BTS/BFC indicate that no more patches will be forthcoming.

The workaround for this has been to PBEM the autosave turn on the TCP/IP computer that crashed. You'll lose the last set of plotted moves, but you should be able to continue the game. After the crews have been captured, then you can restart the game as TCP/IP. There are other schemes to workaround this and you can find them in the Tech Support Forum by search for 'TCP/IP bug', etc.

CMBB does not have this problem since a good chunk of the TCP/IP code had to be rewritten. Unfortunately the new TCP/IP code just can't be 'plopped down' into CMBO.

Originally posted by Schrullenhaft

Yes, BTS is aware of the 'crew capture bug'. However CMBO is considered a finished product and the statements from BTS/BFC indicate that no more patches will be forthcoming.

Ahem, it may be "finished" but it ain't done by any means. So we can expect no patch..ever? Not even after the release of CMBB? Come on, a couple of weeks work to stave off the inevitable clamoring for CM3?

Obviously the BFC policy of "we won't release any game until it complete" is complete bollocks as there have been a number of patches to CMBO all ready. I think the failure to address this issue is unsatisfactory.

IF the delay is due to the fact that the fine folks at BFC are busy making CMBB ready for my greedy little paws, fine. That I can live with. But to say, "No more patches as this game is completed", although a major flaw remains...come on.

Please add my name to list that would like to see addressed at some point.

Halfdane,

The TCP/IP capability was not with the game when it was released but came as a patch.

They are aware of the problem and will most likely not be fixed in a future patch for CM:BO. The game will eventually be redone with the new engine.

Perhaps someone from BFC can give you a more detailed answer.

Halfdane

The product is done and it is finished with regards to CMBO. They did fix the problem, it is called CMBB. I am sure Charles and Steve did not hope they were going to have to re-write the TCP/IP code for CMBB, but then this bug appeared. They decided that it could not easily be fixed in CMBO (if at all!) and so decided to amend their plans for CMBB to include the fix for this so it does not plague CMBB. Hence they have once again listened to us and provided, the fact that it is not a perfect solution is very likely not their fault but that of reality as it may not be feasible or even possible to do the massive changes that the fix may require in a patch. The workarounds work, and I play massive amounts of CMBO over TCP/IP and rarely does this ever get in the way and never have a had a game become unrecoverable.