How do you apply that reg hack?

What do I need to do?

I've got rid of my ATI cards, again. I'm determined to get CMBB playing properly. I'm currently using a GF4 MX440 which I had lying around, and is soon to be replaced by a GF4 Ti4400. I want to use these with the 30.82 or 30.87 drivers, basically the ones that are the *best* for this game. I'm currently using 31.00 and these are ok, so far so good but haven't gone into detail.

Looking at the INF file for the 30.82 drivers, both the GeForce 4 MX440 (NV17 series) and the GeForce 4 Ti4400 (NV25 series) are listed. You should be able to use these drivers with both cards without a registry hack.

However the Ti4800 (NV28) and the 8X AGP versions of the Ti4x00 (NV28) & MX4x0 (NV18) cards would need a registry hack in order for the 30.8x drivers to recognize them. But the only registry hack (actually they're modified INF files) I've seen so far has been for the 4x.xx drivers and not for the 3x.xx drivers.

[ April 07, 2003, 01:30 AM: Message edited by: Schrullenhaft ]