UK Barbarossa military bookshop

Wicky

a tip rather than trick for protogrogs and ubergrogs smile.gif

http://www.barbarossabooks.co.uk/

Whilst swinging down some country lanes only 7 miles from home on my motorcycle I did a double take going through a little village called Tiptree more famous for its jams (yanks - jelly:)) when I saw a sign saying 'Barbarossa Books' at Zhucov House.

I popped and was greeted by the owner, Russell Hadler, who let me look around his copious Aladdins cave of books on military vehicles, uniforms and WW2 history. I asked if he had heard of the Combat Mission game and the impending CM:BB and with a straight face said he hadn't - Gulp!

Thought I'd share this goldmine with you as I got 'When Titans Clashed - How the Red Army Stopped Hitler' by D.M. Glantz and J. House as preporatory reading before my Mac CM:BB disk wings its way over the ocean for the 20th and promised I'd mention his emporium to you all on the forum.

The only listing I could get to are the T-28, T-35, and Firefly books that have direct links. There is also a list of future books, but no information or prices on them. I'd say that the website is unfinished. Maybe drop them an e-mail? The only thing that deters me is the time for mailings and the high cost of postage if you choose airmail. Be nice if they got a US distributer.

Michael

Originally posted by Rex_Bellator:

Damn - I'm trying to get to the 'main site which lists over 8,000 titles in detail' and it just returns me to the first page.

Am I doing something stupid for a change?

yeah I noticed that when having a surf at the website. Try e-mailing Russell barbbook@dircon.co.uk for a 'paper brochure one through the post' version. In the catalogue there are over 200 different books listed just on the Eastern front.

Originally posted by Rex_Bellator:

Damn - I'm trying to get to the 'main site which lists over 8,000 titles in detail' and it just returns me to the first page.

Am I doing something stupid for a change?

yeah I noticed that when having a surf at the website. Try e-mailing Russell barbbook@dircon.co.uk for a 'paper brochure one through the post' version. In the catalogue there are over 200 different books listed just on the Eastern front.