Battlefront is now Slitherine ×

New unit experince status?

I think there should be a new unit experince status, "FARMBOY". There is already green troops and conscripts but these have a little bit of training. What I'm talking about are the 14-16 yearold boys who fought for the Germans at the close of the war and those young boys who also fought for the Russians. These troops would be used during the the thousand mile retreat of the german forces from stalingrad back to Berlin when the war started getting desperate. Could there be a new type of experince?

Actually, in CMBB, there will be two attributes: skill and health. I am not sure how they work, but low skill high health would equal a farmboy, while low health high skill might be "grenadier exhausted after four years combat" or somfink. Check the FAQ, it's in there...

Here is the quote from the CGOnline interview:

There will also be a new rating for overall physical fitness, in addition to the current game's physical condition assessment. The new rating is necessary because of the radically uneven nature of many of the Soviet units early in the war. Many Soviet units were filled with untrained farmers. "Right out of the field, they could probably lift a tractor up and see what's underneath it," Grammont claims, "but they're still trying to figure out which way to point a rifle. Now we can separate that." With a separate rating for experience and one for physical conditioning, it will be possible to simulate units in good shape with little training, as well as grizzled veterans low on food and in poor health.
There was more info in the Gamespot interview, but that P.O.S. website has apparently become a pay site. I hope they burn in flames, and if I had a copy of the interview I would post the whole thing here, sadly my cache is empty. Anyone have the text?

[ May 08, 2002, 07:00 PM: Message edited by: Panzer Leader ]