CM "Concentration"

I haven't had the juevos to give this a try in an actual game but thought it was an interesting concept....

I replaced the unit nationality icons with a pink transperancy bitmap. As a result, in game you either SEE the cm unit or you don't; no more reminders of where a unit was/has been/might be/etc. Now you field commanders have to REMEMBER where the units on the field have been observed, just like our real-life predecessors who didn't get a big Icon-From-God placed on the landscape.

"Did I see a squad over there or was it a platoon?"

"Was the Panther behind THAT hill or THIS hill?"

For those of you mentally adept, I imagine it might provide an interesting change of pace. Perhaps I'll get up the guts to give it a shot with my regular opponents. For those of you who give it a shot, tell me what you think.

You can make one yourself with the paint program inc. with Windows. Just paint an existing .bmp the transperent pink (I used the German mod swastika to start mine), re-save to a pink.bmp or some such, and then you can re-number the pink.bmp to the appropriate nationality icon (dont' forget to save the original somewhere else!). I can't recall what the nationality icon .bmp numbers were right now-- 1007? 7000? Something like that.

Originally posted by Soddball:

That's a brilliant idea! Nice one. Let me know when it's released because I'd love to try it out.

Can't you do it yourself. I mean I think that's what LeBlaque had in mind anyway.

Just open up all those icon files in a paint program and paint them with the transparent pink, R=255, G=0, B=255.

Better idea is to just paint one BMP pink. Save it as whatever you like, zip it, then keep pulling it from the zip file and renaming the BMPs as they hit your desktop then kerplunk them into your game BMP file. That way you only have to paint one pink.

Mord