CMBB UK distribution

Me too.. I gather from this forum that the only differences are some minor graphics changes (ie swastikas which will get modded straight back in again..) along with changes to some German unit names and more stringent copy protection. I can live with that..

Well, I was in GAME in Bluewater yesterday, and it wasn't even on their list of due-out games. You can be sure there were 15 console games, including Final Fantasy MCMXXLLVIII, Tomb Raider 19, Twitch-Fest III, Twitch-Fest Junior II, Pokemon XVII, and a number of others I couldn't be bothered to look at.

But - NO Combat Mission.

What a bunch of Wankers.

Who else is going to be selling it in the UK - because I'm damn sure I don't want my money going near a GAME till.

Soddy,

Software First have it listed and are accepting pre-orders. I haven't pre-ordered myself (natural pessimism - I might not still be here on the 20th), but one of my regular PBEM opponents has.

[ August 31, 2002, 10:45 AM: Message edited by: Firefly ]

Originally posted by Boff:

Me too.. I gather from this forum that the only differences are some minor graphics changes (ie swastikas which will get modded straight back in again..) along with changes to some German unit names and more stringent copy protection. I can live with that..

I assume the only source for an uncensored copy is BFC..? The censored version doesn't just apply to the German release?

I think the German release is also the European release, otherwise all those naughty Germans would be invading software shops in France and Belgium etc and buying up loads of swastika-ised versions to sneak back over the border...

>I assume the only source for an uncensored copy is BFC..? The censored version doesn't just apply to the German release?<

Originally posted by Boff:

I think the German release is also the European release, otherwise all those naughty Germans would be invading software shops in France and Belgium etc and buying up loads of swastika-ised versions to sneak back over the border...

There won't be any swasitikas in the US version either, the only difference is the renaming of the Waffen SS units as Waffengrenadier and the different copy protection.