Western Front mod for CCBB?

Just wanted to know if anyone plans to mod CMBB to make the CMBO units etc. compatible. I think CMBB is much better technicaly and more polished but I think the western theatre is more challenging and fun, which is why Im still playin CMBO. Those big old Russian Steppes get kinda lonley!

It can't be done unless BTS/BFC decides to do it. In the past they have stated that they don't intend on doing this with the CMBB engine.

Mod'ers will be unable to perform this modification either. The vehicles and units can't be moved between the two games by them. Only the textures and sounds can be mod'ed. Thus if anyone attempts this most of the American and British AFVs that are on the Western Front will be missing. Not to mention the wireframes and data will still be for the Eastern Front units.

This can be done, actually, the same way that CMBO was modded for the Frontovik mod. But the models will remain unchanged, as will the squad weapon types.

However, since a lot of Lend Lease armour made it in, the appearance of the Western Front could be done using western allied uniform, weapon, vehicle, sound and voice mods. It would be a lot of work and leave the grogs not compltely satisfied, but it is certainly possible.

I, for one, would pay a moderate price for CBBO 2.0 using the CMBB engine. I'm thinking $25 or $29 for registered owners and full price for new purchases. Perhaps the "Best-of" mods and user scenarios could be included as well.

Only BFC knows the economics of this. It depends on how modular their code is. If the oft-repeated "50% of the work is research" is true, and the internal data structures have not changed, and the scenarios can be imported, and the maps can be imported, and scenarios can be play-tested and... - oh well, it might be feasible. We can always wish smile.gif