A HQ Question

Well Colonel Klink, as far as I understand, an untraced LOS doesn't effect the command range of the HQ to its subordinate units. Command bonuses, the star and the squared star(+1 & +2 respectively), will increase the overall command radius of the HQ. smile.gif

I have not done any tests, but in having played CMBO quite a bit, command radius seems definitely effected negatively by terrain, especially woods and tall pines. In those terrain type, the command radius seems significantly reduced compared to command radius in open terrain.

Cheers, Richard Cuccia :cool:

Hrmm.. that clarifies quite a few things. Thanks guys. One more thing though. Often when I'm moving my men forward, I'll have a couple of HQ's trailing behind them to keep em in command. However, sometimes men on one end of my advance will have their HQ on the other end often causing them to go out of command range, despite the fact there is another HQ closer to them. Is their any way to manually switch a squads line of command to an HQ?

Klink the problem you are describing looks like one of the subordinates of one platoon HQ not being able to switch their C&C to another platoon HQ.

If, say, you have an infantry platoon leading and one of the squads becomes a straggler, they can come under the C&C of a company or battalion commander (and then gets their command bonuses). However, if this same squad falls behind and comes into what should be the radius of another platoon leaders C&C, they will not attach to it. You can't use one platoon leader to command squads from another platoon, even the ones that are provided with heavy weapons platoons. Remember that C&C goes upward in an organisation, but not across.

[ 07-09-2001: Message edited by: Goanna ]

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Walker:

Now that would be nice, especially for on-board mortars!<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

On board mortars can be under command of any HQ in your OOB--platoon, company, etc--as long as they are in command radius. One point to note, though, is that they will attach to the nearest HQ, which may not be what you want for LOS purposes.