New Scenario! Parker's Crossroads

I have a HUGE new scenario for all of you, if you're interested. I worked on it for several years (yes, years), because I submitted it for West Front, and other games.

Shoot me an email and I'll send it to you. I will be also posting it on various sites.

The following text is from the scenario briefing:

"Parker’s Crossroads -- The Defense of Baraque de Fraiture.

It is December 23, and the battle which will become known as “The Battle of the Bulge” is in its seventh day. On the march route of the 2nd SS Panzer Division is a group of farmhouses and outbuildings, known to the locals as “Baraque de Faiture”. This "village", if it could be called that, sits on Highway N-15, which links Bastogne, Houffalize, and Liege. The road is a supply artery for the US army, anchoring a sensitive corrider between the 3rd Armored and 82nd Airborne Divisions. Unfortunately for the defenders, the 2nd SS Panzer Division needs to seize the crossroads if it will have any hope to break through to the Meuse river.

Baraque de Fraiture stands on high, wind-swept ground. There is snow on the ground. At an elevation of just over 2,200 feet, it is the second highest point in the Ardennes forest, and much of the countryside is wooded and marshy. The area around the crossroads is cleared, but the surrounding area is lined with thick fir trees. The stage is set for the desparate defense

of what became known as "Parker's Crossroads".

Pick the U.S. side, and you will serve as Captain Junior Woodruff. Pick the German side, and you will serve as SS-Obersturmfuhrer Horst Gresiak."

Frankrad@pacbell.net

Frank kindly submitted this scenario to my COMBAT MISSIONS site. As yet i still haven't received the full game and so i can't load it. Would someone be kind enough to send me a level 4 camera shot of the map so i can illustrate the scenario on its own page. My e-mail address is in my profile....thanks.

------------------

COMBAT MISSIONS- The Source For CM Ops & Scenarios

WWW.COMBATMISSIONS.CO.UK

Thanks Manx!

I will be on the East Coast next week, so I will not be available by email much of the time. Sorry!

If you want the scenario, please go to Manx's site. It may be up on Wargamer and TheGamers net soon, too.

Frank

Manx, the Utrechtsweg (Sp?) Op on your site I downloaded doesnt work, whenever I try to play it in CM it crashes me to desktop.. every other scenario I've downloaded works except that one and McKinley's battalion..? Could you check those, the Utrechtsweg Op is one I really want to play =)

Sublime - Are you playing with the FULL version of the game??...As i haven't yet received the full version of CM so i can't "test" the scenarios that are posted. I have to take it for granted that the scenarios submitted by the authors will work on the full version. As soon as i get the game i will try to test everything that is posted before making them available for download.

I would urge everyone who creates a scenario to have them play tested for bugs and playability first.

"Mckinley's Battation" was submitted by "Moon" who was responsible for writing much of the CM manual that shipped with the game and as far as i'm aware some of the in-game scenarios. If his scenario doesn't work then i don't know what will!

P.S - Could someone please download "Parker's Crossroads" from the COMBAT MISSIONS site and send a "Level 4" screenshot of the map to my e-mail address...its in my profile..Thanks

------------------

COMBAT MISSIONS- The Source For CM Ops & Scenarios

WWW.COMBATMISSIONS.CO.UK

[This message has been edited by Manx (edited 06-24-2000).]

"Parker's Crossroads"

S

P

O

I

L

E

R

S

P

A

C

E

Franko, excellent work! Yr right, it is huge! Takes at least a minute to load on my PIII 600E / TNT2. Well worth the wait tho...

I must say, when the initial German forces arrive, they are slaughtered way too easily --- you might consider moving their initial placement farther back so they are screened better by the tree line. I had most of the Pz IV's and SPW's brewed up by turn 3. The infantry now --- they gave me fits! Very hard to keep track of (that's a good thing!).

If anything, I'd say this scenario reminds me of the movie Zulu! --- if the Zulus had tanks and SMGs! The Germans just keep on coming, don't they? (Oh, and the flame-SPW was a nasty suprise).

I was really on the ropes, until my reinforcements arrived (I had forgotten about them, actually). As it is, I managed to pull a Draw out of it. Very tense and exhausting battle --- I congratulate you sir!

PS: I would be remiss if I didn't mention Sgt Cutler of 3rd Squad / Delta Platoon: He and his men single-handedly held off a reinforced Waffen SS company for almost two turns (reverse-slope defense in tall pines). His squad is credited with causing 46 casualties to the enemy before being wiped out. I put him in for a posthumous CMH...

[This message has been edited by von Lucke (edited 06-26-2000).]