Help needed for designing scenario

I am designing a scenario in which the US are the attacker .

They have three objectives :

1. attack the main objective

2. attack a hill close to the main objective from where some German AT guns protect the main objective.

Until now no problems. US attack and German defend

Now , the problem :

Two other US platoons are securing a crossroad a few miles away from the main attack to avoid German troops and armor to pass and go to reinforce their attacked main objective.The problem seems to be that in this place the German have to act as the attacker ( that what I would like ). As the game is designed as a US attack and German defend...the German in this part of the map attack only the US that attack them or that are closed to them near the crossroad but once they succeeded to kill all the US in this place of the map they do not go by themselves to reinforce the main objective ( all that when playing the US against German AI , in a Pbem there should be no problem each side knowing what they have to do ). There 5 German armor and troops reinforcement from this place...Most of them just stay here without moving until the end of the game

I placed victory flags in the main objective only .

Other problem : I placed some barbed wire near some German positions .When I open the game to play they are not exactly in the place I put them and not on the same direction. !!

Is there a way to make the German being more aggressive in this part of the map ? Or maybe , is it simply impossible to design a scenario in which one side is the attacker in one part of the map but also the defender in an other part of the map ?

Thanks

Crockett

Got bad news for you... the scenario you are designing will be a PBEM or TCP/IP only. Unfortunately, the AI is not good on the attack. If you want to make it a solo, you will have to make the German attack force strong... so strong, that it will be unfair in multiplayer. Build it, and then get some people to play it.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Crockett:

Two other US platoons are securing a crossroad a few miles away from the main attack ...<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>My suggestion is that you cut this part out of the scenario, making the map a lot smaller (or deeper).

As for the barbed wire; padlock it!

Cheers

Olle

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Olle Petersson:

Originally posted by Crockett:

[qb]Two other US platoons are securing a crossroad a few miles away from the main attack ...<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>My suggestion is that you cut this part out of the scenario, making the map a lot smaller (or deeper).

As for the barbed wire; padlock it!

Cheers

Olle[/QB]

That is exactly what I was thinking about !

I think my idea was a good one but the actual

scenario builder engine does not give the possibility to do build such a scenario ( one side being the attacker in a part of the map and the defender in an other part )

I tried to make the scenario a meting engagement with not more success and making the German more aggressive an in greater number will make this scenario too much unbalanced in favor of the German side in a PBEM game

I also placed different flags in different places ( all kind of combinations )...other problems came out then.

I think it OK to stick trying to achieve something but it's time to stop when it obviously does not work the way I want.

I am already working on the same scenario and gave it a new twist

Thanks for all the advices

Crockett