ATl-tab problems new video card

I just upgraded my Feforce fx5600 to a new radeon 9800 PRO

Whenever I alt tab out and back into the game, the screen goes black with just a mouse pointer and the ambient sounds playing.

I can alt tab out and kill the process, but not get CM to work properly.

Can anyone suggest a fix? I've read the FAQ, and I don;t have that windows hotfix - AA is set to application specific.

Everything else is patched or updated to the max.

Which particular Catalyst version are you using for your Radeon 9800 ? You may want to downgrade to an earlier release if you're using the latest. I don't have any compatibility info on the latest Catalyst, but one other person on this forum seemed to be having problems with the newer driver.

Did you completely remove your GeForce drivers before installing the ATI drivers ?

One thing you can try, but it most likely will have no effect, is to hit Alt-B to bring up the Scenario Briefing. Maybe this 2D screen will refresh the screen properly. Hit Enter (or click on Continue if you can see it) to go back to the 3D screen.