Nvidia 27.10 drivers for Windows XP solve all issues

Okay, I just got this working and I'm on XP so I'll see if I can help you out.

1.) Download the new drivers (duh)

2.) Unzip them into the folder of your choice (just remember it for later)

3.) Close all your programs and files, you'll be restarting in a moment

4.) Go into Control Panel/ Display/ Settings/ Advanced/ Adapter

5.) Click on Properties/Drivers

6.) Uninstall the drivers. You will be asked to reboot after this, do it

7.) Get back into Windows. Things should look a little funny because you've disabled your card

8.) Go back in Control Panel/ Display/ Settings/ Advanced/ Adapter/ Properties/ Driver

9.) Click on Update Driver

10.) Click "Install from specific location" and hit "next"

11.) Click on "Don't search, I will choose the driver to install" and hit next

12.) Highlite your card in the "model" box

13.) Click on "Have Disk"

14.) Use the Browse button to find the folder where you unzipped the new downloaded drivers. Select the setup icon.

15.) This is as far as I can go without reinstalling my own drivers, but I'll try and remember the rest. The new drivers should begin installing. You may get a message about them "not being digitally signed." Don't worry, it's not important. Continue anyways.

16.) After installing the new drivers you will be asked to reboot again. Do so. When XP loads again, check if your drivers actually did update by going Control Panel/ Display/ Settings/ Advanced/ Adapter/ Properties/ Driver/ You should see the new version number of the drivers listed.

17.) CM should look normal now. GO PLAY!

I have 27.20 now. I noticed one more problem with this Desktop Manager: PBEM Helper does not automatically enter the file name and password when it is enabled. Have to try to find the reason for that... the workaround is of course to disable Desktop Manager.

useful tip: download piece of freeware called NVCleaner. it's designed to remove all traces of previous drivers from your system after you uninstall. uninstall your current drivers, run this program, and then reinstall the new drivers.