Battlefront is now Slitherine ×

gamma problem

all was well until

when i start cmak, my desktop goes pale then cmak starts and it is fine. if i alt-tab, my desktop and browser etc is very pale. if i exit the game all is back to normal. if i alt-g game is pale, no text message for gamma.

winxp home, radeon 7000 64mb ddr, rage 3d installed.

history, installed rage 3d, disabled z mask. was playing a battle with a lot of craters and noticed stutter when moving camera. read a post about changing refresh rate. i deleted prefs in ak bo and bb. started ak, picked 800x600 100 hz.

edit downloaded latest drivers, problem gone.

edit again! i started a battle, minimized game, desktop was fine, i edited my post. maximized game, it was all washed out pale! minimized again, desktop fine. maximize game, game is fine. tried again and again, game is pale! now what.

[ April 22, 2004, 02:45 AM: Message edited by: junk2drive ]

To my knowledge, as JP Jones said, this problem is related to the Rage3D Tweaker (it may be an associated executable that gets installed with it). Apparently there is a hotkey that is the same for that tweaker as CM's and it's applying the higher gamma to the desktop.

I can't recall off hand, but you may be able to re-assign the hotkey for the Rage3D Tweaker's gamma adjustment, thus allowing you to keep the ZMask disabled and have a normal/adjustable gamma.