I have a question about tank HE effects on INF

I was playing my second demo scenerio last night and I had a T-34 in a sweet spot where it was blasting this pile of grunts with HE. He scored like 5 direct hits and they got up from the crater and scurried back to the forest! Wouldn't that kill them? Keep in mind I am very new to the game but I expected a pile of dead grunts not a bunch of grunts running away with hot lava tnt melting their faces lol tongue.gif

I love this game.

You probably caused a fair number of casualties and the survivors broke and ran. A pretty good result for just 5 HE shells.

If you're playing with EFOW, you can eliminate the bulk of a squad and still see "3" figures in the squad. Part of the FOW.

Originally posted by Epée:

Três anuli pro regibus Quendorun sub caelo,

Septen pro dominis in regia lapídea eorun,

Novem pro Viris mortalis mori condemnatis,

Unus pro domino nefario on solio obscuro eius,

In terra Mordoris ubi umbrae iacent. Unus Anulus ea invenie,

Unus Anulus ea omnia collocare et ea in tenebrisnectere,

In terra Mordoris ubi umbrae iacent.

While I wholeheartedly approve of Latin wherever I find it, the classics grog in me forces this.

1. Seven is spelt "septem" not "septen"

2. the "pro" isn't really necessary, the dative alone will suffice (dative of reference or purpose)

3. The use of nefas for "dark" is quite nice, but on should be in (which means on).

4. As I understand it, the "one ring to rule them" is an expression of purpose, which can not (usually) be expressed in Latin by the infinitive.

This bit might be better rendered, "anulus unus ceteros qui regeret, ceteros qui inveniret,

anulus unus ceteros qui ferret tenebrisque necteret."

While I wholeheartedly approve of Latin wherever I find it, the classics grog in me forces this.

1. Seven is spelt "septem" not "septen"

2. the "pro" isn't really necessary, the dative alone will suffice (dative of reference or purpose)

3. The use of nefas for "dark" is quite nice, but on should be in (which means on).

4. As I understand it, the "one ring to rule them" is an expression of purpose, which can not (usually) be expressed in Latin by

the infinitive.

Reminds me of the scene in "Life of Brian" when the Roman soldier teaches the Judean graffiti artist a lesson in latin smile.gif

Originally posted by MasterGoodale:

[QB]

==================================================

This not a condemnation!!

You should try the *search* button or the *faq*...a lot of your questions have been asked/answered before, and, many of the previous answers have been very in depth, more so then than after the question has been asked over and over and over........ smile.gif

Honestly tryin' to help ;)

KC