Battlefront is now Slitherine ×

First Timer Making Scenario Questions

Without boring y'all to death, I want to TRY to make a scenario. This would be the first time doing such for any game type. I'd like to make one covering the St. Lo area of Normandy, because it was pretty hard-fought stuff.

What I'd like are any and all resources you can think of for me to find information specific to the area in the war, and about scenario design. I should mention that I'm already aware of Der Kessel sites.

One of the best resources I have seen, which will cost you a few bucks, is the Battlefields: Then and Now series, put out by a british publisher which I am blanking on, but widely avaliable at barnes and noble and such.

I also highly reccomend the green, hardbound US army officail histories, which can be found for reasonable prices in 2nd hand bookstores.

WWB

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Pathless1:

Without boring y'all to death, I want to TRY to make a scenario. This would be the first time doing such for any game type. I'd like to make one covering the St. Lo area of Normandy, because it was pretty hard-fought stuff.

What I'd like are any and all resources you can think of for me to find information specific to the area in the war, and about scenario design. I should mention that I'm already aware of Der Kessel sites.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Why don't you start with something small so you can get the hang of the various terrains and also adjusting the heights of hills, roads, bridges etc. Once you have gained confidence of making small scenario's then go onto something bigger.

null

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by wwb_99:

One of the best resources I have seen, which will cost you a few bucks, is the Battlefields: Then and Now series, put out by a british publisher which I am blanking on, but widely avaliable at barnes and noble and such.

WWB<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

The publisher is Combined Publishing and it is the Battleground Europe series I assume you mean. Good stuff.