The Newbie Tournaments III

• Replies 276
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

SuperTed,

I see you're inundated with AARs from Round 2. I posted mine a week ago today and there hasn't been another post on the thread. :rolleyes:

On the bright side, the thread is only down about 5 or 6 spots from the top of the Scenario listing. It was a smart move to put the thread over there. Too bad nobody is using it.

Dave

Originally posted by White4:

Walker vs White4

Both games are progressing nicely!

However, Walker has an ace up his sleeve by promising Swiss chocolate to my wife if she "Accidentally" destroys key units! :D

I might be able to fight my CM opponents, but to deny my wife chocolate..

Actually it was even better than White4 suggests:

Having identified a newly arrived unit as a Huge Threat, and after secretly determining that a) my opponent has a wife and B) she would kill for Swiss chocolate, I mailed White4 with an offer, to be passed on to his wife, of 5 bars of Finest Swiss Chocolate for the ‘unfortunate’ destruction of said Key Unit. And lo and behold, ten minutes later the movie arrived, the Key Unit had been sent off on a daring diagonal run, and promptly vanished en route in a ball of fire.

Hmm maybe if it worked once it’ll work again…

Hey White 4, I believe you have a few more Key Units out there. So please notify your Priceless Wife that her favourite chocolate company, Lindt, has just launched a ‘Summer Collection’ of Even Finer Swiss Chocolate bars…

Combination Bump and Update!

Bump!

Update: Me vs Jim Liang in "Crash Landing" and "The Long and Short of It". I was steadily pushing Jim's Krauts off his corner of the map in "Crash", at least until the Party Patrol showed up. Remind me to kick your ass for that ST...

In "Long and Short" (hehheh), we're still probing eachother out (hehheh) at about turn 12 or so. Spotted Jim's Canucks putting together a heavy weapons firebase, and decided to go rout it out with a few teams rather than waste my arty on it. Sent his mortars scurrying like roaches, but only after they nuked my farm tractor after only about 5 rounds. Mopping up his HMG's as we speak. That should make him slow down and think for a bit...

[ April 17, 2002, 08:01 PM: Message edited by: Bad Monkey! ]