Escaped POW's

Greetings all,

I have enjoyed CMBO since the day it first arrived

on my doorstep well over a year ago, and while I have visited this site numerous times, I have never

had anything to really add until now, and it's a

rather humerous situation that I had.

I was playing the AI in one of the CMBO's canned scenarios. Early in the contest I manged to capture a nearly entire Britsh squad (9 w/ 1kia). They

were Consricpt. I was suprised and pleased by this. Until now, the most I had ever captured was 1 or 2 left over from a HMG or mortar team. I left them in a house to be guarded by a couple of tanker crew's who had lost their vehicles. (I believe there was at least 4 or 5 of the crew left). A few turns later I went back to check on the POW's and they had buggered off! I reviewed the turn and they grabbed their guns, ran out the front door and back into the fight. Didn't even shoot the guards! :eek:

I would have thought the POW's would have least have been disarmed, but apparently they weren't.

Anyone else ever had a POW take off?

My experience about POW:

After trying hard plenty of times I managed to made freesome prisioners taken to my by the AI, they were unarmed (writted in yellow under the status bar) It is hard to believe in your history, sorry...

I rescued a surrendered MGer from the evil clutches of the AI the other day too. I'd left the squad too far forward and unsupported at setup and it was overrun. But the AI made a mistake as they marched the sole survivor off into captivity. They walked him only 100m from a forward platoon of Pioneers I had lurking in some woods waiting for a flank counterattack. The QB was going pretty well by then so I indulged myself with a rescue mission instead of the counterattack. The moment I got him back was probably better than when the attackers finally surrendered :D

Worst thing about a rescued MG POW is that they've had the weapon taken off them. Best thing is that, unhindered, they can run smile.gif

Cannon Fodder

You sure about"grabbing their guns"? I have had POWs escape but never with ammo/weapons and never when guarded by crews that were not panicked or armed. If you had crews that did not have any small arms eg shreck or mortar crews guarding the POWs that would be considered unguarded. My bet the reason they did not fire at the guards when they bugged out was they had no weapons/ammo. Check out the end of battle map and click on the escapees to see what their state was regarding ammo/weapons