Battlefront is now Slitherine ×

A FEW QUESTIONS....

There are a few things Im not sure of...maybe YOU can help me answer them:

1-Do hedges and walls offer protection for vehicles and infantry?

2-If I interupt a units actions after they have started, does it incur a time (waiting) penalty?

3-do units ever decide to return fire or aquire a target while hiding?

5-do my mortars have to have direct visual contact with the intended target area if there is a coommanding unit that is in view of the target AND in command radius of the mortar crew?

Any and all answers are welcome please...and thanks!

SiRCuS

1) Hedges do not. Walls will offer limited protection for infantry. Vehicles don't recieve any protection from walls due to their height. Btw, I'm assuming you are referring to the free standing walls that seperate the farmer's fields, as opposed to the walls of a buliding.

2) Yes, It would be just like starting over. The delay will be dependant on the unit's experience level and whether or not they are in command. Example: a regular rifle squad in command will have a 13 second delay before starting over, if they were outside the command radius the delay increases to 33 seconds.

3) Again, this depends on a unit's experience level and whether they are in command. Also, the commander's stealth bonus contributes to how well a unit hides. A green unit outside command will reveal itself quickly, sometimes taking shots at enemy units hundreds of meters away, while a crack unit under the command of a HQ with +2 stealth will allow an enemy unit to walk within a few meters before they let loose.

5..or did you mean 4) No, the commanding unit will act as a spotter. However, you can only issue area fire under these circumstances, you can't fire at a specific target. Only when the mortars have direct LOS can they fire at a specific target.

Originally posted by sircus:

1-Do hedges and walls offer protection for vehicles and infantry?

Hedges are deathtraps if you are in and visible. They offer good concealment.

Walls do offer good cover, and if you are lying *perfect* cover, but only if you are behind them. If the game shows you are in "wall" terrain, you are visible and highly exposed to everyone.

Walls cause tanks to become hull-down, again if they are behind, not on, the wall. If the enemy is on higher elevantion, hulldown is taken back quickly.

2-If I interupt a units actions after they have started, does it incur a time (waiting) penalty?

What do yo mean by interrupt? Deleting waypoints and plotting new causes the normal delay.

However, you can edit waypoints, the position, and the command, e.g. run to sneak.

3-do units ever decide to return fire or aquire a target while hiding?

Yes, if they are discovered and shot at themself in any case, and if enemies come too near they break cover. The less experience this is the more likely.

5-do my mortars have to have direct visual contact with the intended target area if there is a coommanding unit that is in view of the target AND in command radius of the mortar crew?

Actually, the mortar must not have visul contact with the target to make HQ spotting work, otherwise it will do it on its own.