hull down - love to see a movie of this

i've read in the manual that hull down will appear above your tank or an enemy tank that has achieved this position

i'm pretty sure i've never seen this, so either i'm never achieving hull down (something that would definitely not surprise me) or i don't have the right option on to tell me when i do

it would be really helpful if someone could post a link to a movie that shows a tank being put into a hull down position

reading the description of how to get there just doesn't seem to be getting it done for me

guess i'm a visual person or something smile.gif

either that or just real slow on the up take of how to get a tank hull down

p.s. this is of particular interest to me at the moment because i'm basically getting my ass handed to me by my brother in a PBEM of chance encounters - i'm the germans and i'm already down two stugs - with only one left, so if i don't figure out how to hunker down and pop up for shots i'm toast smile.gif

In CMBO, you basically have to guess that you are in a hull down position by looking at the terrain. Using the hunt command to move to a spot just below the top of a rise in the ground is a good way to most likely get into a hull down spot. The only way to really check if you are is to target an enemy and look at what it is saying on your tank. If you are hull down, it will say so. :D

thx for the reply - sounds like some guess work is involved - or at least rough estimates using the LOS tool to judget things by

now that i know it will identify hull down relative to a target when aiming at it i'll look for that

as for the current battle, well, i'm getting flanked in all directions by shermans, so the lone stug will soon be no more

info i'll have to apply to future battles