Update on installation issue!

Originally posted by redwolf:

Steve,

mail to you comes back with a bounce, apparently I am in a spamfilter of yours which incorrectly assembles my From address (or you killfiled me smile.gif ).

I'll mail Matt.

EDIT: same for Matt's address. I am inclined to say your new spamfilter does not work right, the address I get rejected from is not the one I am sending from, the filter assembles it on its own behalf.

I have no spam filter in place. Not sure why you are getting bounces.

Casca, I replied to your today, you are on the list.

Madmatt

Originally posted by Battlefront.com:

For those of you with physical defects (dents, holes, etc)... email me at steve@battlefront.com. I would like to arrange for these CDs to "come home".

Eventhough mine is not dented per se, it's obvious with a single glance that it was used as a beer mat.

Tell me when you want it mailed to you.

I mailed Matt about that, does that mean I was automatically added to that ARGHHH List?

Mine has no damage at all, its just a little milky. It didn't install completely, it failed at a certain point. Tried it at work with the same results. The sound and scenario downloads fixed it up fine. Just wondering when the process to start replacing the partial-install Cd's might start? No rush, just curious.

Originally posted by PawBroon:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Battlefront.com:

For those of you with physical defects (dents, holes, etc)... email me at steve@battlefront.com. I would like to arrange for these CDs to "come home".

Eventhough mine is not dented per se, it's obvious with a single glance that it was used as a beer mat.

Tell me when you want it mailed to you.

I mailed Matt about that, does that mean I was automatically added to that ARGHHH List?</font>

Originally posted by Battlefront.com:

Hello all,

We have confirmed, on our end, that there was a CMBB CD production problem of some sort. The good news is that this problem only affects a tiny percentage/number of CMBB customers. The bad news is that the problem rate, although small compared to total number shipped, is far larger than what an acceptable failure rate SHOULD be for a large CD run (with CMBO it was less than 1/10th of 1% for example!). This means that although only several dozen customers are adversely affected, it is several dozen customers that should have had zero problems.

We are still in the process of working with the replicator to confirm the problem as they only received samples today. It appears that the problem stems from specific models of CD-ROM drives not wanting to read the CD for a reason as of yet not determined. We tested a "bad" CD on two identical HP Pavillions and it failed on both CD-ROM drives *but* worked on both of their secondary CDR drives as well as a Dell system. From what we can tell you are either affected (in one of two ways) or you are fine and therefore should not expect any problems in the future.

Steve and the rest of the gang

--------------------------------------------------

Fwiw, on my first install with Asus 50X Cd Rom it locked up at file# 90505(got the *error* message). Tryed again on Yamaha CRW8824E, bingo, scooted right through it without a hitch.

Oh yeah, its both milky and has the edge blisters.

Rgds,

Krazy