Can you believe this!? The AI is a rotten, gamey . . .

As a noob I was taking stock of the Allied armor by setting up a 5000 point QB and buying one unit of all the Allied tanks and vehicles. After I was done looking at the stats, I checked out the German units by surrendering. The Germans were the defending force and granted, this was a pretty large QB, but the AI bought 17 flamethrower units. Now some were with Pioneers but there was a section of at least 12 Flame throwers purchased singly! That is more than 12% of their entire allowance dedicated to flamethrowers! How gamey is that? Alas!

I don't mind the AI buying flamethrowers they are easy to pick off. Just let one show his head and seems every man and vehicle on the battlefield starts banging away at him and if the game had horses they too would probably attack. Just be thankful the AI didn't purchase that many heavy machine guns. Now those are tough to kill. But yeah I am amazed sometimes at what AI picks.

Isn't there some obscure infantry formation battalion that comes with lots of flamethrowers? Don't have CMBO in front of me, but I'm quite sure.

The AI doesn't really pick. It just rools a dice to pick stuff from the infantry menu, and whatever comes up is it.

This can actually be pretty annoying since you will get engineers way too often, sometimes without any normal infantry.

Originally posted by redwolf:

This can actually be pretty annoying since you will get engineers way too often, sometimes without any normal infantry.

LOL! Usually a single mine and at least one half-track for every 500 points as well.

You have seen the armored Panzergrenadier Company in action, with its "flamethrower platoon".

I've got to buy that next time I play Wreck or Swamp, remember surprise is the essense of victory and if you purchase useful units, you get predictable.