Looking for a few good playtestors (SL/COI)

In early July 1941 elements of the 18th Panzer division captured the city of Borisov and its bridges. In the following days the 52nd Panzer Grenadier regiment was tasked with expanding the bridgehead. They met a determined Russian force and some references (Guderian) mention it was the first time they were confronted by Russian heavy tanks.

This scenario grew from SL/COI's battle "Breakout from Borisov". Changes were made to better suit CMBB's engine. Terrain, units and deployments have been modified. The scenario has also become an Axis attack rather then a Meeting Engagement to better take advantage of CMBB's artificial intelligence.

It is a difficult scenario. It has been play tested extensively from the Axis side, as it was designed to give one player a solid fight from the Artificial intelligence. I believe however that it can be fought multi-player if a more experienced player handles the Axis attack while more of an inexperienced player conducts the Russian defense. Either way the battle was designed to be DIFFICULT to win from the Axis side.

***Playing verse the AI settings must be set to EFOW and very important "Computer free to place units".***

Thank you goes out to ASLvet for the basic map design.

Scenario Berezina River designed by Abbott.

The file is available here (download discontinued) file is almost ready for release.

Please post feedback or mail to ab1@sbcglobal.net

[ October 09, 2002, 06:19 PM: Message edited by: Abbott ]

Originally posted by Atlas_TH:

Abbott,

Excellent Player v. AI scenario! Look forward to playing the final copy.

-SPK

p.s. Make sure people don't forget to rate the PBEM/TCIP game a "0" and not a "5." ;)

Thank you for the positive comment Atlas. Would it be possible to get a brief description of your run-through via e-mail? ab1@sbcglobal.net

I am half way through the scenario and I must say it is very well done. I have taken the VL directly in front of my setup zones (Northern VL) and am beginning to wheel right towards the other two flags and bring my reinforcements up from the setup zone for a two pincher attack. The only strange thing that you should change is the green T-26 tank that is just North of the North VL kind of backed into the battle. There was a regular T-26 over in the field over there that acted fine. But the Green guy just seemed confused (and died pretty quick!).

I will send out a proper AAR report when I am done.

Regards,

Chris

I will mail you an AAR when I am done.

Originally posted by hobo:

I am half way through the scenario and I must say it is very well done. I have taken the VL directly in front of my setup zones (Northern VL) and am beginning to wheel right towards the other two flags and bring my reinforcements up from the setup zone for a two pincher attack. The only strange thing that you should change is the green T-26 tank that is just North of the North VL kind of backed into the battle. There was a regular T-26 over in the field over there that acted fine. But the Green guy just seemed confused (and died pretty quick!).

I will send out a proper AAR report when I am done.

Regards,

Chris

I will mail you an AAR when I am done.

Yes, the Russian armor has undergone a couple of tweaks, some T-26's switched for BT's and a small modification in deployment. I smoothed out a rough cliff like hill you will be attacking towards (a little) and made the un--passable marsh section look a bit more like a river/marsh.

Originally posted by Atlas_TH:

Abbott,

Good work. Since I played test, I will not review it, but I think you have a winner.

-Atlas

Yes, that is a difficult task. I play tested one from another author and then reviewed it. I tried very hard to give it a fair review but still caught a bit of flack over it. I actually wanted to rate it higher then I did but was afraid of the fact that I had play tested it.