Command between Platoon HQ and Company HQ and what is a higher HQ worth ??

Nik

Maybe i´m totally wrong but why aren´t those platoon HQ not in command with those company HQ`s :confused: . This should give the game one more level of realism.

So it would be easier to command a hole company and the ability of the company HQ would be to the benefit´s of the hole unit as it would be or was in real combat. This would give the company HQ and the higher ranks more :D weight ???!!! in a battle.

At this time those upper HQ are only worth to use for guns or killed platoon HQ or retreats if the platoon HQ is out of order :rolleyes: . I think there is more possible and it would be easy realize it in a patch!!!! Maybe :cool: Any reply is welcome

Nik

Originally posted by Nik:

Maybe i´m totally wrong but why aren´t those platoon HQ not in command with those company HQ`s :confused: . This should give the game one more level of realism.

So it would be easier to command a hole company and the ability of the company HQ would be to the benefit´s of the hole unit as it would be or was in real combat. This would give the company HQ and the higher ranks more :D weight ???!!! in a battle.

At this time those upper HQ are only worth to use for guns or killed platoon HQ or retreats if the platoon HQ is out of order :rolleyes: . I think there is more possible and it would be easy realize it in a patch!!!! Maybe :cool: Any reply is welcome

Nik

You know, I was wondering this myself... ;) I usually just put them with support units, and I was curious to why they were left out of the COC... at least in a more effective role(bonus command, combat.. whateva... ).

This is exactly what i´m thinking about. The commander of a company or higher should have better or in most case some special ability.

I think we have to keep in mind that most of them did their duty before and got so some experience more and more combat education. tongue.gif

Most of them got promoted for their performance and ability smile.gif

Nik

Originally posted by Nik:

Most of them got promoted for their performance and ability smile.gif

Nik

So not for their political ideals then? ;)

Why should someone higher in the C.O.C. be assumed to be more capable in a game, when we all have our own experiences in real life that show that people quite often get promoted beyond their abilities? :eek:

We are talking about fighting troops not third line !!!!! Commanders of such troops were usually experienced and well educated or very fast dead especially on the rusian front.

Most of those let´s say special promotions worked somewhat behind the frontline andwasted the life of the fighting troops.

But back to the game wouldn´t it be more realistic with a command system taking in those company leaders ??

That article doesn't really address his question however. I tend to agree with the original poster. I'm puzzled as to why there are no bonuses given to an in-command platoon leader. Why not bump a platoon leader's rating by one if he's in good order and in C&C of his company commander?

ianc

I agree. Not every commander is good why not have some negative effects. But still i think it´s worth talking about making those command lines more realistic and thi means they could have negativ effects ,too. I still think those guys from battlefront could do such thing with little efforts. :cool: So if there would be command lines between upper HQ it would make sense ;)