Clash Of The Titans! (part 2)

I have embedded answers below.

SPAs (Hummels, Wespes, Sextons, Priests, and HMCM8s) are light tanks, medium tanks, or excluded?

*ANS: SPAs would be considered tanks. It is up to the player to pick them or not. They are cheap, but in an armored fight, they may not be so useful.

I am assuming mortars and MGs are OK if they come with an infantry company, but can they be purchased separately?

*ANS: Mortars and MGs must be organic to the larger formation and can not be taken seperately.

Can three platoons be purchased in place of one company?

*ANS: Yes, plts can be purchased seperately, but no more than two companies worth.

Do you mean to exclude all the following light vehicles?

Infantry carriers with squad capacity: M3 series, M5 series, SPW 251/1, Ram Kangaroo, truck, Gun Tractor

*ANS: These can be included under light vehicles, but they count against the 8-10 limit.

Scout cars: M3A1, M20, T8, Humbar, White, MMG carrier, Universal carrier, Stuart Kangaroo, SPW 250/1

*ANS: These can be included under light vehicles, but they count against the 8-10 limit.

Armoured cars: PSW 234/1

*ANS: It can be included under light vehicles, but they count against the 8-10 limit.

Other Unarmoured vehicles: Jeep, Kubelwagen,

German Assault HTs: SPW 250/8, SPW 251/9

Flame and Mortar vehicles: OK, OK, one would need a truly evil mind to figure out a viable use for these in an armor battle.

It seems to me that the first 3 catagories (infantry carriers, scout cars, armoured cars) would be useful in the type of battle you have in mind, if kept within the 10 light vehicle max.

*Comment: Correct, you can have the above three categories of vehicles, but they will count under the light vehicle/light tank limit of 8-10. Sorry things were not spelled out completely. The "spirit" of the battle was clear in my mind, but I see now that I needed to fill in more details.

Treeburst, can you make sense of this, or do you want me to provide these clarifications in a different format?

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by Treeburst155:

Major Taktiks,

Scenario clarifications noted.

Your scenario may present some problems. With so few VL points, it is possible that one or both players would choose to be very cautious and non-aggressive. It's entirely up to you however. It's your scenario. I just thought I'd bring up the possibility.

Treeburst155 out.

What!!!?? Who would dare such behavior?!! smile.gif

There is no place for Turtles in a tank fight!

HAHA.

AARs will tell all, so shamefulness will be on display ;)

MT

Major Taktik,

All is clear to me except for Chaffees. Are they counted in the 8-10 vehicles?

On your scenario, small flags it is then.

To All,

Know your Panther 76 Rules!! That ruleset is used several times IIRC. Pay attention to the variations from the standard arty size limit in that ruleset. I believe people have specified custom limits.

Treeburst155 out.

MajorTaktik,

To summarize our previous discussion, one can purchase a maximum of ten vehicles and light tanks (including the Chaffee). SPAs count as tanks (no limit). Ostwinds and Wirbelwinds are prohibited. No support weapons can be separately purchased except for one hand-held AT weapon per platoon. Organic company support weapons are OK.

Have I got it right?

Originally posted by Broken!:

MajorTaktik,

To summarize our previous discussion, one can purchase a maximum of ten vehicles and light tanks (including the Chaffee). SPAs count as tanks (no limit). Ostwinds and Wirbelwinds are prohibited. No support weapons can be separately purchased except for one hand-held AT weapon per platoon. Organic company support weapons are OK.

Have I got it right?

Hi Broken!

All sounds good, except "purchase a maximum of ten vehicles and light tanks". It is a possible combination of 10 vehicles and light tanks not 10 of each. Not sure if that is what you meant, but for the other fellows, they might consider it 10 vehicles AND 10 light tanks for a combined total of 20.

So, to reiterate, it is a combined total of 10 light tanks/vehicles.

MT

Mike:

For some of the scenarios, full map details such as map size, setup zones, and flag placement are missing. For other scenarios full details have been posted to some of the earlier "Titan" threads. Could you be so kind as to publish the map details for the seven games? It would help for purchase decisions such as transport, etc.

Thanks in advance,

Gus

Hi Guys!

I'm back in action with lots of catching up to do on my various tourneys.

I ommitted a restriction from GravesRegistration's scenario. I have edited the big post with the purchase rules. No VT arty!!

I'm unclear on the the SMG question for Fionn's scenario. We'll have to wait for him on that one.

I will post all the map info for each scenario this weekend.

Treeburst155 out.

Originally posted by Treeburst155:

Hi Guys!

I'm back in action with lots of catching up to do on my various tourneys.

I ommitted a restriction from GravesRegistration's scenario. I have edited the big post with the purchase rules. No VT arty!!

I'm unclear on the the SMG question for Fionn's scenario. We'll have to wait for him on that one.

I will post all the map info for each scenario this weekend.

Treeburst155 out.

Hello Treebrust,

Is it too late to change my rule set from Panther 76 to Short 75? All my other special rules would still apply. Since it is only Aki that sent in picks, hopefully this won't be too great a disruption to planning.

If not, then no worries.

Craig.

Map Info

Swamp's Scenario

3 large flags, front: 2000, depth: 1040

Fionn's Scenario

5 large flags, front: 1000, depth: 2400, defender's zone: 1600,

attacker's zone: 600

GravesRegistration's Scenario

2 large flags, front: 800, depth: 1520, defender zone: 1100,

attacker zone: 250

Major Taktik's Scenario

3 small flags, front: 1440, depth: 3040, custom symmetrical zones.

Deathdealer's scenario

6 large flags, front: 1440, depth: 1840, defender zone: 1000,

attacker zone: 400

Broken!'s scenario:

7 large flags, front: 2000, depth: 1040, defender zone: 600,

attacker zone: 300

Ghost's scenario:

2 large flags, 2 small flags, front: 1920, depth: 1120, zones: 200 meter square in players' right hand corner.

NOTE: Setup zones are approximate. smile.gif

Major Taktik,

I don't want to allow any changes to purchase rules at this point since players now know who they will be facing, and also what side they will be playing in each scenario. The allied side in your scenario will have to deal with Panthers. :D

Treeburst155 out.

[ July 26, 2002, 02:22 PM: Message edited by: Treeburst155 ]

Hello guys - I'm back in business too smile.gif

Two weeks in wilderness and sea sighting is over. It was nice, I truely recommend it to anyone... midnight sun, mountains and nice twisted roads for bikers in Norway ... though old buddy The Reaper did pat me on shoulder as I got flat tire once but luckily it didn't explode but let out air slowly and I managed to 'drive' to next gas station with tire service. Anyway it was soothing experience :D

I don't mind getting all my fight files at the same time as I'll try to get them out ASAP anyway. Thanks Treeburst for your efforts.

[ July 20, 2002, 03:54 AM: Message edited by: Deathdealer ]

OK, I have one more scenario to complete. I'll finish it within 36 hours. I have received purchases from only three people so far. Only two have sent in ALL their purchases. I'll start sending out scenarios as soon as I finish this last one, so send in those purchases.

The German player will get a saved game file to start the game with the password I provide. The Allied player will be sent his password at the same time. I will provide a Contact List of all the participants for your convenience, along with the schedule of games.

Send your purchases in the form of a cmb file. Name the file something like this:

DeathdealerScenario_Fionn

Make all purchases with the date set to the scenario date.

Treeburst155 out.

Treeburst,

This is a question regarding a few of the attack/defend scenarios:

Even though TRPs are not actually physically on the map as fortifications, are they still considered such for purchase limitations? Meaning, some of the attackers have 0% for fortifications, this means they are not allowed TRPs, yes?

Thanks.

Craig

TRP's are in the "fortifications" category. If no points are allotted for that category then TRPs are not allowed, unless they are specifically mentioned in the Special Rules section.

Fionn,

How about your SMG restriction? We need more specificity on that one. Thanks!

Treeburst155 out.

On Deathdealer's scenario, my paraphrase of his special rules concerning guns and towing vehicles was inaccurate. Only the attacker must buy transport with his guns. The Rules Post has been edited. Sorry again, guys.

I'm sure there are more ambiguities in the rules posted on page one of this thread. PLEASE bring them to my attention.

Feel free to redo your Deathdealer purchases if you wish. You aren't committed until I send you a game file.

Due to a bad cold I'm not making progress on the last scenario as quickly as I had hoped. I'm getting there however.

Treeburst155 out.

The scenarios are finished! They aren't works of art, but they're better than QB maps. If you perceive an imbalance in a scenario, keep in mind the scoring system will take care of it. I will now begin slowly passing out the games that I have purchases for. I'll do a couple games per day, so all should be sent out within two weeks IF I get purchases from the rest of you before then.

Score as many points as you can. Do not surrender.

Start your engines, gentlemen! The Clash of the Titans is about to begin!

Treeburst155 out.