T-34/85 (1943) Mod With Pic!!!

This mod is based on TheBigCheese's excellent mod for the T-34/85 (1943). You can see I added texture to the armor and also an effect that looks like furrows/weathering/battle damage to the armor. I was really impressed with the way it came out and think it adds a lot more "character" and realism to the tank. Please post what you think and any suggestions from the more experienced modders out there. Of course, the mod will not be released unless TheBigCheese gives his stamp of approval.

http://www.angelfire.com/ab7/wacky4

http://www.angelfire.com/ab7/wacky5 (detail shot of frontal armor)

If you guys like what I've done I could do a bunch of other tanks this way. The process was pretty easy once I got all the settings right smile.gif

PS, I realize that there is some blurriness on the inside of the "track guard" (technical term?) at the front of the wheels. I think this is an issue with how CM mirrors textures, but maybe a modder could enlighten me.

[ October 21, 2002, 04:10 PM: Message edited by: Captain Wacky ]

WOW ! Those scrapes, bumbs and near penetrations on the front armor and turret make the tank seem like it has seen a few battles already. Nice one. Keep 'em coming.

And someone PLEASE mod the soviet light tanks (Don't even get me started on the Axis equipment...). I'm not saying that the original ones look awful, but the standard of these mods (wacky, noobie, sami and cheesy) is just so awesome, that they really stick out if/when installed. Pretty please with sugar on top ?

[ October 21, 2002, 03:50 PM: Message edited by: SaTyR ]

Nice one .....a very nice one !

The battle damage looks good ...

is it too much ? ... I dunno, but i'll take it as it is.

Would like to see the tracks a little muddied though ... they look a little 'new' compared to the rest of the tank...

Top quality mod ... dont stop

Lou2000