The Newbie Tournaments IV

Originally posted by voidhawk:

I've been kind of busy lately, but plan to write some AARs for L&S and CL. In the meantime, I'm, learning as much about Silvio as possible smile.gif

Hmmm, I wonder if you know which alter-ego 'handle' I use when I am *really* discussing tactics... mua-ha-ha-ha!

For real though, our bouts should be some good, bloody fun. You can rely on SuperTed for that.

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, Ricola! was more unbalanced than I had hoped, so all the scores will be adjusted to normalize them. Before anybody gets too excited, these adjustments did not result in any difference of section winners or wild card.

The adjusted scenario scores and final scores are as follows:

SuperNewbies-

R.C. 51 177#

I-Man 21 102

DD_Rob 39 103

Dinga 61 190*

GV Newbies-

Darknight_Canuck 60 157*

Herr Kruger 40 99

Teggy 53 128

Armdchair 47 132

Newbie Rejects-

Hoopenfaust 101 42 111

Smoky 58 141

Sgt. Colon 27 86

Andrewguy 50 159*

* Group Winner

# Wildcard

The match-ups for the Alterna Brawl Finals will be:

Darknight_Canuck vs. R.C.

Andrewgy vs. Dinga

As soon as I get the regular tournament squared away, we'll get the Alterna Brawl started.

For those that did not make it to the Alterna Brawl, I'll be keeping all of you on a list as possible Alternates. It is unlikely anybody will leave the tournament at this point, but you never know...

Stay tuned...

Originally posted by arax3:

Voidhawk: I need to talk at you. Please send me your e-mail address. L3

Doh! I'll pay you twice what voidhawk is paying...hopefully you don't tell him about my uber x-ray vison teams that can see THROUGH ridges and find enemy positions. Or about the secret commands you can give to green Shermans so that they get first shot kills at 700meters... :cool: I must have the luck of the Irish...

[ June 06, 2002, 02:07 PM: Message edited by: Silvio Manuel ]

Guys,

Yes, "The Long and Short of It" and "Crash Landing" are somewhat unbalanced. I expected that to a certain extent, but L&S favored the German side a bit more than I thought it would.

Having said that, the results for the round were exactly balanced. Namely, three players (Witko, YankeeDog, and Silvio Manuel) who played the German side in L&S and three players (Jim Liang, Walker, and Voidhawk) who played the German side in CL advanced to the group finals. I know it's not a perfect way to measure play balance, but I am going to stick with it.

Further, I considered adjusting all the overall scores to take the unbalanced results into consideration. When I did that, NONE of the results would have changed and the same six Players would still advance. Just to be sure I wasn't missing anything, I doubled the amount of points awarded to the shortchanged player and the results were still the same!

So, there will NOT be a third scenario in Round 3. I apoloigize if I misled anybody, but there is no reason to prolong the round any further.

Congratulations to the Players that have advanced to the Group Finals!

Round 4 will begin within the next 24 hours.

'cause bumping should be a shared burden.

Witko and I are well underway in Breaking Through. As I'm sure the rest of the remaining competitors are experiencing, ST is up to his old tricks with the scenario design.

I'm sure there'll be some very interesting AARs from this one.

Cheers,

YD

Originally posted by YankeeDog:

Bump n' Grind.

It's now turn 18 for Witko and me. We've decided to call a combat truce and instead of shooting at each other, just blow up every building in this picturesque Belgian town. . . :D

YD,

Did I really make a picturesque town? Wow! :D

Originally posted by Doug Beman:

Dumb question time: where can I find match-by-match results? I'd like to see scores from the battles I designed for the Newbie Tournament.

Thanks!

DjB

Doug,

Since I made all the scenarios myself in this one, I assume you are involved in the New Newbie Tournament, which is here.

Originally posted by SuperTed:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Doug Beman:

Dumb question time: where can I find match-by-match results? I'd like to see scores from the battles I designed for the Newbie Tournament.

Thanks!

DjB

Doug,

Since I made all the scenarios myself in this one, I assume you are involved in the New Newbie Tournament, which is here.</font>

Originally posted by voidhawk:

Silvio and I are at about turn 15 of "Break Through". Much mayhem has already ensued, and much more is about to happen. You'd think we were close to the last turn based on where the action is...

Yeah, all that fuss for just a bunch-o-small flags. Still many big firecrackers to come, and I'm far from out of 37mm.