Mortar Problems

I am playing the Russians. The target is a Gun 800m away from my Company HQ, which has LOS.

My 82mm on board mortars are linked to the Company HQ. I double click the HQ and target the gun. However, the line states the Gun is 'out of range' and I cannot fire my mortars.

But my mortars have a range of 2100m.

How do I target my mortars with the HQ so they will fire ?

Thanks !

[ October 18, 2002, 08:45 PM: Message edited by: Voxman ]

Voxman,

Neither the mortars nor the HQ may be in Hide. HQ must have LOS to desired piece of ground, but the actual target line will be drawn from each mortar firing to the ground in LOS of the spotting HQ. If the target line won't stick, you haven't aimed at the right patch of ground. Be sure that your target is within normal range limits for the mortars, too.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

John Kettler

Also, don't target the gun! Target a spot near it and make sure you see "area fire." This is because you are allowed to target out of LOS which tells your troops to wait until the target moves into LOS and then fire while ignoring other targets unless they're very close.

Hello,

So what your saying is as long as the linked HQ has LOS I target from the mortars instead of the HQ ?

Originally posted by Chad Harrison:

I had the same problem in the demo. The HQ's and the mortars have to be not hiding, and you fire with the mortars, not the HQ's. Just check the HQ's LOS, and then order the mortar to fire.

Chad