Ambushed by the "undead" (CMBB related).

If this topic has already been under discussion elsewhere, so ignore it.

Anyway, on the eastern front there were several occasions where russian soldiers "played dead" among the corpses and opened fire against their enemies at point blank range. Now, this was extremely frustrating for the germans who ended up shooting at obviously dead, but still suspicious russians in order to be sure they would not be getting shot at from behind.

I suppose there will not be possible to give such orders for the troops. Or is it? It just would be... sort of interesting to see how it affected the gameplay and tactics used by the players.

Munter

You mean there would be a new command 'Play dead' and to your enemy such unit would look dead, at least from a distance? Unit status might include some number of possibly dead units - in addition to current ok and casualty counts? I think if shooting the unit would be the only way of turning possible casualties to normal casualties, units should be able to get more ammo in the middle of the battle.

Doubt it'll happen. But if BTS managed to code it in, I'll imagine it'll work somewhat this...

1. In order to issue the command "Play dead", there'll a new terrane/unit - Pile of BODIES!! So that if someone plays dead, it won't look too suspicious.

2. Corpse available for purchase when selecting units just like mines and TRP. Then scatter them around on the map.

3. Attacker can choose to shoot a few rounds into the body piles if feeling suspicious (just like in CMBO operations, shooting the abandoned tanks until catch fire), or ignore them.

4. The playing dead unit can die/survive

Mmm... possible to work. But I don't think it'll be very enjoyable - shooting dead bodies.

;)