Internet connection drops out and computer beeps

Hi there everyone

This is probably not a CM related issue as it happens in some other games. Whenever I start the game up I loose my internet connection and the computer starts making a beep-beep noise. Very annoying!

The game however plays just fine.....(and I do love it).

Any suggestions would be welcome

Thanking in advance

Peter

What sort of internet connection do you have ? Do you have an unique adapter in your computer (ISDN, Cable, DSL) or is your connection hardware external ? Do you hook up to other computers via a network ? If so do you lose connection to them also ? How do you restore your internet connectivity, rebooting ?

I'm not sure why launching a game would cause your internet connection to drop. Is your internet/network adapter next to your videocard in your computer (though it would seem unlikely that the adapter would overheat so quickly when you initially launch a game) ? Can you provide more technical details about the computer you're running CM on ?

Schrully: I have a real problem trying to play an internet game. I could not send a move or download one!! Very disappointed. I am running a PIV with an ATI Rage 9800 card. Internet is by cable modem. This is a real problem for me. Thanks for any help!! A3

You're playing a TCP/IP or a PBEM ? If you're playing TCP/IP what sort of internet connection do you have ? Do you know if there is a firewall on your network (your home router or your ISP) that may be blocking higher TCP port numbers ? You need TCP Port 7023 open in order to send and receive turns (and even hook up to another player to start a game).

One other question, which specific CM title is this, what distributor did it come from (Battlefront.com website or CDV/retail) and is the game fully patched ?