CMMOS help

Originally posted by reichpapers:

Can someone give me a breakdown on the whole CMMOS thing? Everytime I download it I end up going back to CM Mod Manager because I can't get the operation of CMMOS. Like how to add new mods to the list, or lets just say how to use it at all. I'm so pitiful. :rolleyes:

Well, I think you are not alone. I really think a tutorial is needed and I will bring this up with Gordon when he gets back.

Hopefully with the impending 3.02 release, some of the confusion will be eliminated.

To add new mods to the list you need to download the RuleSet ZIP file and extract this ZIP file to the CM Mod Option Selector folder (which is usually located under C:\Program Files\GEM Software Productions).

To add CMMOS mods, download the ZIP file that contains the mod and extract this file to your CMBO\Bmp directory (usually located under C:\Program Files). Alternately, you can use the CM Mod Manager program to add these files as well. Either way, this will add the graphic files with the filename "keys" that a particular CMMOS mod option will use to apply this mod to the graphic files that CM:BO uses to represent a particular object (vehicle, building, trees, etc.) when CM:BO loads a scenario.

For more information, you might want to take a look at the README.RTF file that is included with a CMMOS installation and is located in the CM Mod Option Selector folder (again, usually located under C:\Program Files\GEM Software Productions).

You also might want to take a look at this thread as it might have some answers to some of your questions as well:

CMMOS questions

Hope this helps.

Keith