question regarding demo

FNG here!

I'm working through the 3 scenarios on the demo and have the following questions:

What is the command TARGET NEXT?

Is it functional in the DEMO? (doesn't seem to be)

Why can't I target Artiliry over hills?

Thanks!

I have orded CMBB, BTW, but can't seem to stop playing the demo and wait for the full version..

LOL

target next allows you to pick another valid target, in sight and destroyable by the unit you're looking at

it's an easy way to see what your unit can fire at

it's functionnal in the demo

what kind of artillery are you using ? if it's on board mortar, the unit or its hq commanding the unit (the mortar will have a brown line to this HQ if it's in command, balck if not) must have a line of sight to it, and not be hiding

if it's a spotter (guy with binoculars in the game), you can target without line of sight, but with a time penalty and lesser accuracy

hope this helps

And welcome to the community !

smile.gif

[ November 18, 2002, 04:00 PM: Message edited by: Sigurd ]

Good questions! You're not the editorialist are you?

OK, Target next - if there are multiple targets in LOS (line of sight) then hitting that will toggle the unit through targetting them till you get the one you want. Helpful to quickly see who is and who isn't in LOS.

It works in Demo.

On board artillery only fires "with folded sights" or direct fire. Hence, areas it can see or areas in LOS. off booard artillery can fire anywhere on the map. These are represented by 'spotters'

Hope that helps and WELCOME!