Battlefront is now Slitherine ×

Rarity, and purchased units not appearing

Hi,

I have had CM:BB since it became available in the UK and am confused about the 'Rarity' setting when selecting units.

When creating a Quick Battle and selecting my units, sometimes I dont get all that I select. For example I select a Tiger II, Tiger I and Pz IV and some infantry. The points add up to nearly the allocation I am allowed. But in the map view when setting up the units, the Tiger I is not there.

This has happened again in a PBEM game I have just started.

I thought that the rarity percentage had affected the puchase price that is displayed in the list of units that are available for selection. If so, why dont all the units appear.

If the rarity is taken into account after I have selected my units (and is sometimes stopping me get all the units I select) then what is the logic of it?

This is frustrating. :(

It is made worse by having the cut-down manual in the version available in the UK, and Rarity not appearing in the Index. Nor in the PDF full manual.

Ta.

Stephen.

Stephen,

Sounds like Casualties kicking in to me. A new feature in CMBB QBs adds casualties to your units, reducing by some percent or a random factor what actually reaches the map, and giving you extra points to make up for it.

This is one of the things that can be set in the QB selection screens. I'm pretty sure the default is for some casualties - if you prefer to only buy units that you can count on being there, it can be set to NONE.

Nice feature really, as it adds an element of uncertainty to QBs while still allowing you to make unit selections.

- Old Dog

Originally posted by Old Dog:

Stephen,

Sounds like Casualties kicking in to me. A new feature in CMBB QBs adds casualties to your units, reducing by some percent or a random factor what actually reaches the map, and giving you extra points to make up for it.

This is one of the things that can be set in the QB selection screens. I'm pretty sure the default is for some casualties - if you prefer to only buy units that you can count on being there, it can be set to NONE.

Nice feature really, as it adds an element of uncertainty to QBs while still allowing you to make unit selections.

- Old Dog

WOW :eek:

If a casuality is a Tiger and it was the only one you bought that could really hurt! I did not know that casualties affected armour and vehicles? :confused:

ouch

I had no idea it worked like that?

-tom w :confused:

Sounds less like a rarity issue and more like a casualties issue. If you've got casualties set to anything other than none the AI is liable to take away exactly the unit that you most counted on being there! Like always taking away your only anti-tank gun when you need to set up an ambush. Grrr...