Fun against the AI

Try playin this way against the AI.Shift-F flags off.Shift-b highlight units off.Only look around from each units 1st person perspective.When you take fire, spot from 1st person veiw only.Look around from that veiw to find enemy.With highlite unit off its very realistic spotting and with these great mods makes some units very diifcult to spot.In real war there was'nt conveinent victory flags, nor was your enemy highlited with

bright fluresent squares.It takes some getting used to but is very realistic and fun.For an added challenge put a 30 sec time limit on each of your units to spot then goto next unit.Try it and let me know what you think.

The latest addendum to Franko's Rules is to only move your units, never direct their fire. Let the AI take care of the firing.

I tried it once for half of a small unit game. I could not help but place fire after awhile because my guys were running out of ammo. Maybe a better way would be to only direct the fire of those in command control. This was infantry only.

Has anyone else tried this?

Originally posted by WEAPON42:

Try playin this way against the AI.Shift-F flags off.Shift-b highlight units off.Only look around from each units 1st person perspective.When you take fire, spot from 1st person veiw only.Look around from that veiw to find enemy.With highlite unit off its very realistic spotting and with these great mods makes some units very diifcult to spot.In real war there was'nt conveinent victory flags, nor was your enemy highlited with

bright fluresent squares.It takes some getting used to but is very realistic and fun.For an added challenge put a 30 sec time limit on each of your units to spot then goto next unit.Try it and let me know what you think.

Um... it was called IronMan rules before Franko formalized into a complete rule set...

-tom w

[ February 27, 2002, 11:54 PM: Message edited by: aka_tom_w ]

I've been tempted on numerous occassions to try Franko's rules, but every time I think about it I re-realize how painstaking a process that would be. Tends to suck the fun out of it for me, but I vow -- one day I shall play a game, fully, with Franko's rules.

From those of you who have played this way, how much longer does a game take from a "normal" game time? Like, twice as long? Three times? Please don't just say an hour longer, 'cause if your games normally take like 10 hours it's not that big of a difference ;)

There are some special FTC battles out there. They are pretty small. And the first one I tried was REALLY fun! smile.gif

Definitely try it out. This small battle I played was only with ONE (1) reinforced platoon. And it took about as long as a regular 400 pt QB versus the A.I. using no rules at all.

So I guess you could say it takes about 25 - 50% longer to play the game. But as you get better, it speeds up pretty fast.

Adds a whole new dimension to the game.

KFS

[ February 28, 2002, 01:09 AM: Message edited by: KnifeForkSpoon ]