Arty delays

I noticed that when targetting with two identical FO´s (Veteran 150mm) in same turn who both have LOS to the target and are commanded by the same HQ I tend get diffenrent delays (3 and 2 mins). Is this normal or is there something wrong with me? :confused:

MP

The delay shown when ordering the mission is never very accurate ; minutes are not minutes and second are not seconds ; what i'd compare is the actual delay for the mission to arrive on target.

And maybe it's also partly random (which would be realistic, as 2 batteries can perform differently)

The difference was also quite big when the arty fell, 40-60 secs I think, and I would get same delays for same FO´s (2mins for one and 3mins for the other) during the whole operation (Drive to Mortain).

MP

Originally posted by MP:

I noticed that when targetting with two identical FO´s (Veteran 150mm) in same turn who both have LOS to the target and are commanded by the same HQ I tend get diffenrent delays (3 and 2 mins). Is this normal or is there something wrong with me? :confused:

MP

what is the quality of the LOS and are both oriented to the target and none moving? Are they in different terrain/cover?

Originally posted by Ozzy:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by MP:

MP

what is the quality of the LOS and are both oriented to the target and none moving? Are they in different terrain/cover?</font>

There is an explicit random factor assigned to the initial delay, they can be a minute more or not. No HQ bonuses change it.

Afterwards, if your spotter moves or does not have LOS, seconds become longer while the counter is coming down.

Originally posted by redwolf:

There is an explicit random factor assigned to the initial delay, they can be a minute more or not. No HQ bonuses change it.

Afterwards, if your spotter moves or does not have LOS, seconds become longer while the counter is coming down.

To that I would add that it seems that the higher the experience level of the FO, the shorter the "initial time to target." Example: German 105mm FO's @ Regular exp. usually (if not always) say "4 mintues" when you first give the order, while the Veteran German 105mm FO's will say "3 minutes." The better quality FO's seem to go from the vague "x amount of minutes" bracket down to "seconds" more quickly. I agree that no HQ bonuses affect this countdown.

If the FO doesn't have LOS to the target, the intial estimate will be the same, but the actual countdowns of both minutes and then seconds take twice as long. For example, once it hits (i.e.) 58 seconds, only 1 "FO second" will pass on his clock compared to two seconds on the "movie clock." The same occurs while the FO is moving at all, or if smoke obscures the target after you gave the firing order (which is pretty dumb, IMHO).