How to create 1 man Tank hunter team?

Originally posted by killmore:

Basically I need to create 1-man Tank hunter team.

Normally it comes with 2...

I guess if you were really serious about it, you could set the casualty level kinda high and hope that one of the guys didn't show up for the party. Course, you might just lose both of them. Or have some other unit depleted. You'd have to go through the process again until it came out the way you wanted. Sounds tedious.

If I were you, I'd just go ahead and take the two-man team and shut up.

:D

Michael

Originally posted by killmore:

Basically I need to create 1-man Tank hunter team.

Normally it comes with 2...

It wouldn't really be a team anymore, would it?

But anyways, I've noticed that when you set casualties in the editor, small teams are much more effected. Well not really, it's just that if every unit has a single casualty, then squads will hardly be effected but small teams (especially tank hunters, spotters, shreks, flamethrowers) will be severely handicapped. Kinda screwy (but I guess fair) way the casualty system works if you ask me. Seems like if a unit took casualties, it would make an effort to keep small, specialized teams intact and let squads be understrength, that is I think the casualties should be waited towards infantry squads and large crews and away from small teams and vehicles. While a unit might be perfectly willing to send a squad into action missing a few men, only under the most desperate circumstances would it field tanks with crew members missing.

[ October 13, 2002, 08:43 PM: Message edited by: akdavis ]

I've played many QB's defending against AI assault (testing out the finns ;) ) and had my FO team "disappear" due to pre-battle casualties. Now I now that this is realistic and I know that it´s pure luck (or bad luck, in my case), but DAMN it drives me mad, when my 150 (or so) point FO + fair amount of TRP's become a waste of points. Maybe the casualty calculations could be tweaked a bit, so that small teams do not suffer that much ? In a largish game a high casualty rate killing off teams (FO, FT, TH, whatever) is not a problem, because you usually have something to replace the loss, but small QB's suffer a lot. Now I know that "You can switch the setting to NONE if you don't like how it works", but I DO like the feature, I just think it needs a bit of tweaking.

Luck's a lady and my smalltalk ain't that good, hence my misfortune ;) and this silly rant ;)