CMBO/SAVING/ W XP

ARCHANGEL

Lads,

A few weeks ago my old computer died an ugly death, actually shooting fire out of the power unit. :eek: In this cyber-bar-b-que it fried everything in the box. Being a reasonable man, I wasted no time in getting a new rig put together.

I now have an Intell P4 2.25,1 gig of Ram, an NVidia 128, SBLive and a 40 gig HD...(also, an external HD for back up...which didnt exist on the late lamented machine)

Windows XP is the OS...

CMBO loaded easily...it even plays nicely...BUT...it will not, :confused: repeat NOT allow me to save any scens or ops that I build myself...

actually, they save, but not where they did in W98, and I cannot access them from CMBO...

I would appreciate any assistance in solving this problem...(I wont even go into the fact that CMBB won't install)

Thank You,

Archangel

Right click on the icon you launch CMBO with and select the Properties item. The 'target' line (or whatever it is called in XP) should specify the drive and path to the file you're launching. If the drive letter is your CD, then that's what you're running from.

Assuming you've actually installed the files to the hard drive earlier you could search for the Combat Mission executable and then make a shortcut of that.

S,

The problem is solved!!! :D Lacking a shortcut, I wasnt entering thru the "programs" part of the screen...now I am, and I just made, saved, and ran a scen that I created...YOU ARE A GENIUS!!! ;)

Now...about READ ERROR, DATA CYCLIC REDUNDANCY CHECK in CMBB install attempts :confused: ...<g>

Thanks Again,

Archangel

D'Oh! You didn't tell me you were launching it from the CD Six! You should turn on classic view on your start menu and I bet there is a CMBO group and a way to start it there. The XP Start Menu is funky, and for a guy like you, not the most intuitive ;)

Sir!

Did you try the manual install on CMBB? Grab the files notated in the install issues thread?

BTS is there a way to make that sticky like on vBB?