Mac video card test

I am going to post a comparison between mac video cards and how they make CMBB look.

I have a 32mb geforce2MX and a 16mb rage pro so far. I need 100% screenshots from other mac cards

If anyone wants to help, just download this small scenario here:

test.cme.zip

and then open it in CMBB scenario editor and put tree coverage and doodads on FULL (not extreme) and turn off play aids and take a screenshot and email me the file.

Also take a shot of anything else you think is important (eg fog or smoke).

Please tell me your graphics card and your screen resolution. Please keep the screenshot 100%, but making it into a JPEG is a good idea as long as the compression is 60% quality or higher.

i'll post the comparisons later in another thread. This should help solve this confusion over mac cards.

Thanks for your help smile.gif

tecumseh@ihug.co.nz

OK so far i have

32mb gf2mx

16mb rage pro

128mb gf4 titanium

32mb radeon PCI

32mb radeon AGP

I would really like a 64mb radeon and a 64mb gf3. And is there an 128mb radeon yet?

So far the results are dissapointing...I am thinking mac CMBB doesn't look as good as the PC version, or my expectations based on seeing doctored and shrunken screenshots for so long was too high. Anyway, I'll start a thread tonight in the main forum.

PS. Michael - 800x600 is pretty low for a 17'' monitor and an 128mb gforce card! Have you tried playing at a higher res? For example I use 1152x870 on my 17'' with a 32mb card. If you got used to the smaller buttons and writing, the visuals would be much crisper.

Hey thanks folks for the help. I have started the new thread in the main forum with the pics i have so far. My free web space (8mb) is pretty much run out, so if you've got more shots maybe you could host them and post them to that thread? I still am interested in the 64mb radeon and the "fuzzy uniform" thing.

Cheers

tec