Sorry if this has been brought up before...

CDV Software Entertainment UK has announced the impending release of Combat Mission Gold, a compilation of the turn-based strategy title, which has previously only been available for purchase via mail order.

Originally released in June 2000, the game depicts fighting on the western front of World War II following the D-Day invasion of Normandy. The boxed version includes over 80 modifications to the original title, including additional scenarios, maps, units, and a full manual.

"Combat Mission is a strategy game with huge appeal," says Terry Malham, president of CDV Software Entertainment UK. "Yet until now it has escaped the attention of traditional shop-going gamers. Our two-disc premium pack offers exceptional value for money, treating games players to a year and a half's worth of mods."

from www.gamesdomain.com

I wonder if it will be released only in UK, and with what mods in it.... and how they handled copyright issues with the mod authors...

What the ... :confused: :confused: :confused:

Two disks :confused:

Strategy game :confused:

Additional maps :confused:

This doesn't sound like the game I know and love :(

Edit: Oh, ok. The additional disk is for mods.

[ 01-15-2002: Message edited by: JonS ]</p>

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Michael Dorosh:

Will there be collector's value to this edition here in North America, do you think?<hr></blockquote>

Oh I think so. Those people in Europe just can't handle ordering by mail, just kidding . ;)

And downloading mods and scenarios must be hard as well eh! I also think that anyone with CM:BO version 1.0 CD (like myself) have a collectors value on there hands.

[ 01-15-2002: Message edited by: Panzerman ]</p>

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Terence:

Lets also not forget that many of our european brothers pay for internet access by the minute. That can make downloading lots of mods an expensive proposition....<hr></blockquote>

But let's also remember that because of what you state above, our European brothers will be first up with new satellite links in the next handful of years, and then they will be laughing at us. "Ha ha ha," they will laugh.

-dale