A different way to view VL flags in CM3?

So i am playing Boots and Tracks "Punch/CounterPunch" in a pbem. There is a flag situated in the center of the map in the middle of a large factory complex. I have taken the bulk of my soviet forces, who were stationed near or in the factory and removed them, knowing my opponent would pretty quickly clue in that that was where he needed to drop his arty for any preparatory barrages. As soon as turn 1 commences the flag shows itself to be in my possesion. Here is my thought: I think the VL flags should remain neutral until one side has determined that the other does or does not have posession of it. I think this would stop some of the gamey tactics of flag rushing and recon-by-Kubelwagen. it also seems much more realistic; if there is a hill that has been designated as an objective, it seems to me that i shouldn't know if it occupied or not until my forces have determined that with their own eyeballs. I think this would be a great way to increase the tension that should naturally be there. imagine the difference:

Lt. Smith: "Sgt i need you to take your squad up that hill and investigate why there is a large glowing nazi symbol up there; oh, and Bob, be careful. i smell trouble"

OR

Lt. Smith: "Sgt i need you to take your squad up that hill; check it out and be careful.

just a thought...

As soon as turn 1 commences the flag shows itself to be in my possesion.
But it shows up as neutral to your opponent.

I think the VL flags should remain neutral until one side has determined that the other does or does not have posession of it
And guess what? Thats how it actually works.

If I was your opponent in this game I would see a neutral flag, even if you had an entire rifle division hiding in the factory. Only when that rifle division revealed itself would the flag change.