Can I vote for my own scenario at the Depot?

It is kind of hard to be objective of one's own work. I would say no, if its good people will vote for it. It takes a little time for it to get its accolades but they will come in time. I don’t know Keith’s policy on this I am sure the boss will chime in ;)

Yeah, I guess you guys are right about reviewing your own scenario's. BTW, where's Admiral? I sent him some files last night and still hasn't posted them. Odd... :confused: So, for next weeks vote, what should I vote for, Fertile Fields, Blowfish, or Vapor? Thanks for the replies.

Regards,

Ryan

Sorry lads...kinda took the day off, saw 'Lord of the Rings', munched leberkase and Aktien Dunkel, then played wargames all night.

At any rate:

1) I personally don't care if an author votes for their own scenario. After all, a president can vote for himself in an election.

2) Finally got around to uploading half a dozen battles and operations after some feverish Christmas-package-wrapping and homebrew bottling today. Apologies for the delay!

Prosit!

If you think that your scenario is the best around in a certain category, then by all means vote for it. Remember, though, vote for it because it is the best, not because it is yours.

Now to do that, you should try some other scenarios too. That means playing someone else's stuff.

I don't think you can fairly say yours is the best unless you compare with other challengers.

If, however, in good conscience, you believe that you have done the best among many, then it would be hypocritical not to vote for it.

In my mind it is only bad form if you are seeking to win or trying to impress the gaming community with a laurel on your head ;)

Wild Bill

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Wild Bill Wilder:

If you think that your scenario is the best around in a certain category, then by all means vote for it. Remember, though, vote for it because it is the best, not because it is yours.

Wild Bill<hr></blockquote>

No way. Tacky, tacky, tacky to vote for yourself. There is an "author's comments" section would should be sufficient to comment on your own scenario, without mucking up the points.

F.