Turan II (Late)-odd turret happenings

Possible bug?

The mesh that covers the turret is the only thing visable-no turret behind it. The commander's truncated little body is floating free inside of the cage.

The turret only seems to dissapear when I move closer to the tank itself. When I have the view pulled back, it seems a-ok.

(edited for half asleep post..)

[ October 03, 2002, 03:31 AM: Message edited by: benpark ]

When you get really close to something you sort of 'go inside' it. At some point you see the image on the other side reflected on the inside of, er, that side. If you don't know what I'm talking about that might be it. If you know what I'm talking about & this ain't that just pretend I never said anything.

Strt

This is a known bug that crept in half way through the texturing, and which didn't seem to be resolvable , despite many tries. It doesn't affect every machine, and only happens close up, so in view of the fact that the mesh skirts looked neat they were left in. (Solid skirts don't do it.)

The simple solution is to replace the pink with black in texture 8813, but it just doesn't look the same.

Originally posted by JonS:

Hi Marco. Have you been waiting for this to come up ... ;)

Hi Jon, I've been dreading this ever since I saw in Release Candidate 1 that the error was still in. I think you saw it at the preview after I'd just finished the textures.

Still, it was worse at one point when both Turans had it on both hull and turret... in that build they really were stealth tanks!