Battlefront is now Slitherine ×

CMBB suddenly no vehicle sounds

Usually with 'Shift-S' you can turn off all sound or turn off just the ambient (background sounds such as the 'singing birds') sound. It shouldn't offer you the capability of turning off the 'foreground' sounds while the ambient sounds continue to play. However, you may want to experiment with turning off the ambient sounds, exiting CM and restarting it to see if this makes any sort of difference.

I've occassionally run into some strange sound problems with some sound cards where the sound just disappears upon launching a game or program. It's usually some sort of sound driver 'hiccup' where the sound doesn't initilize properly (or 'in time'). Does this problem happen consistently (i.e. - everytime you launch CM) or has it happened only once ? Usually restarting the game can clear this up.

Have you modified your sounds ? Possibly checking your hard drive for any file system errors might help, but there's a good chance that you don't have anything affecting your sound files.

Which sound card do you have and what driver version do you have installed ? Have you updated the drivers recently or made any other changes to the audio setup ?

How close are you to the vehicles that are moving in the 3D screen ?

If you're really desparate, you could install CMBB from scratch to a different directory (if you have the disk space) and update it to 1.03 and see if the problem continues.

Which sound card do you have and have you updated drivers for it recently or made any other changes to your sound setup ?

Toad…

1. Have run BB several times.. still no vehicle sound. Voices are ok so is ambient.

2. Recently installed Ak but I believe this happened before that installation.. but maybe not.

Schrullenhaft

Have you modified your sounds ? Possibly checking your hard drive for any file system errors might help, but there's a good chance that you don't have anything affecting your sound files.

Louie I think Schrullenhaft may be right about the file system errors if your problem occurred after AK installation on the same BB / BO directory. If your file directory has any location / name errors on sound files after your recent installation of AK that may be what is causing your recent Stealthy Toad Silence.

Have you modified your sounds?

I am not a professional, use a Mac and am only suggesting what I ‘think’ am right. Hope this helps.

Robert